- Talking on a regular basis.
- Squealing with delight when he’s happy.
- Aunt Cressant got him to laugh on Thanksgiving day. It was a throaty, breathing sound but the anticipation of tickles was too much to handle. Since then he’s done it a couple other times.
- Wearing 6 month clothes pretty much exclusively, unless we need a long-sleeve onsie under something.
- Babymade bedtime around 8 pm.
- Takes about 20-25 ounces a day in a total of 5-6 feedings.
- Sucks his right thumb if he’s tired or wakes up during the night.
- Close to rolling over but can’t quite get the feet and arms to work at the same time. Spending a lot of time hanging out on his side looking at the world from a new angle.
- Enjoys tummy time as long as he doesn’t want to be active.
- Loves kicking his legs and squealing.
- Has a new interest in grabbing toys in front or above him and trying to hold on to them.
- Loves holding onto things while he’s in the carseat. Usually he holds on to toy rings with one hand and his burp rag with the other.
- Has started grabbing onto Bryan’s glasses at night or in the early morning.
- Is starting to get ticklish.
- Enjoys bathtime.
- Starting to crane his neck and shoulders in a sitting position. Does this when you’re holding him or when he’s laying on your legs. Thinks he can sit up on his own. Becomes frustrated if he’s not making the progress he wants.
- At four-month wellbaby check he weighed 13 lbs. 6 ounces (20% compared to the average) and was 25 1/4 inches long (64% compared to the average). The comparisons make him seem small, but he doesn’t look small when you see him.