I spent my 28th birthday at home with my little guy. I might have considered using my birthday floater, but with no daycare this week I had no choice. I picked my day at home to be today, while the rest of my family pitches in the rest of the week.
Here’s how my birthday went…
- 7:05 a.m. – wake up to donuts and a talking baby
- 7:45 a.m. – nursing session #1
- 8:09 a.m. – watch Maximus
roll from his back to his tummy while we snuggle in bed
- 8:19 a.m. – realize that Maximus isn’t facing me because he’s sleeping
- 10:50 a.m. – open my eyes because I felt Maximus stirring. I find him looking at me while he sucks his thumb.
- 11:00 a.m. – get Maximus dressed and have nursing session #2
- 11:20 a.m. – put Maximus in his bounce-a-bout in the bathroom so I can take a shower
- 12:00 p.m. – Bryan picked us up and took us out for lunch. Maximus stayed in his car seat the whole lunch.
- 1:05 p.m – Maximus took a nap in his crib while I vacuumed
- 1:45 p.m. – photo session in the crib
- 2:00 p.m. – nursing session #3 while I caught up on episodes of Brothers & Sisters
- 3:00 p.m. – Maximus rolled over from back-to-tummy-to-back all in one fluid movement!
- 3:15 p.m. – Maximus fell asleep on his tummy, again.
- 4:30 p.m. – woke up and played with daddy; I opened my present from my boys: new boots!
- 4:50 p.m. – nursing session #4
- 5:30 p.m. – went out to eat with my family
- 7:35 p.m. – nursing session #5
- 7:50 p.m. – Maximus put to bed awake. After 10 minutes of high kicking, he fell asleep.
- 8:00 p.m. – much needed photo editing, Shutterfly uploading, and Facebook album uploading as well as birthday responses.
It’s been a great 28th birthday! I wouldn’t have changed a thing; I got to sleep in (!!), snuggle with my baby, and play with him all day. Just another perfect day!