Thank you to everyone who commented, talked to me in person, emailed me, Facebooked me, or sent me messages! You all have great suggestions for dealing with toddler tantrums.
I thought I’d lighten things up a little and show you the other side of Maximus.
- Favorite activity: playing his drums and singing songs
- Favorite food: animal crackers dipped in vanilla pudding
- Favorite treat: ice cream
- Favorite tv show: Mickey Mouse
- Favorite song: Wheels on the Bus
- Favorite word: why
- Favorite number: five
Things we’ve heard lately:
- Jood Job, daddy! In reference to doing anything from taking a shower to fixing supper.
- When I was a little Maximus I sat in that car seat [high chair].
- Where’s Quinten’s daddy? He’s outside. Oh, out there? Yes. He has the same daddy as you do. Oh. He has the same daddy as I do? Yes. You have the same daddy. Oh. He and I love the same daddy.
- Do I need to get a new daddy? In reference to an adult conversation with friends about us being “old.”
- Jood job Quinten! Jood job eating like a big boy!
- WRIGLEY! NO BARKING!
- In reference to Quinten crying. He’s sad. He wants his mommy.
- In reference to not taking a nap. I already closed my eyes and then I waked up.
- Maximus, why are your pants wet? Why? No, you tell mommy why your pants are wet. Cuz why.
- Mommy, cover your ears. I go mow and it will be scary.
- Daddy, I wasn’t scared when you made a snoothie [smoothie].
- Are you guys talkin’ bout me?
- Hey guys lets play baseball. [Said to Bryan and I.]
This age is full of fun and games, tears and tantrums, snuggles and giant hugs, running fast and falling hard, and so much learning and mimicking. I wouldn’t change a single minute of it, even if the crying makes me want to pull my hair out. 🙂