August 26, 2010
Maximus has passed his first milestone – one month old! The first four weeks of his life were on fast forward. They are a blur of eating, sleeping, nursing, changing diapers, changing clothes, swaddling, and giving baths. Lots of swaying and patting while sitting on the couch. A couple of late night dancing to sooth him back to sleep. A few trips on the exercise ball to convince him that he’s ok in the world. Some tummy time that surprisingly doesn’t make him mad. Time spent in his swing just chilling, swinging his way to sleep, and sleeping peacefully. And a few jaunts on the activity mat looking at the bright stripes.
He’s had a lot of firsts over the last few weeks.
- First nap in his crib.
- First (second, and third) softball game
- First Wal-Mart trip
- First Target trip
- First meetings with family members – great-grandma, great-aunt, great-uncle, grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
- First meeting with the puppy
- First walk
- First trip to Babies ‘R Us
- First bath
- First trip to the bowling alley
- First trip to Battles
- First public nursing experience
- First eat and hold the baby experience
I’m sure I’m forgetting some firsts and I know there will be many more to come. For example, our first softball tournament is this weekend. Over the last month we’ve gotten into a great routine that includes sleeping until 9ish, some activity mat time, a quick nap, lunch, afternoon nap, more eating, more awake time, and then daddy comes home. He gets up once in the middle of the night and then again between 5-6 am.
I hope the next four weeks goes a bit slower than the last!