Weekend(s) recap

Post originally written May 2.

Another busy weekend for the Leger house. Thankfully the weather was amazing and made up for the craziness. After a less than great work week, something needed to give this weekend. Something to note, Monday at lunch I said, “Monday’s shouldn’t be allowed to be rainy. It’s not a good way to start the week.” And from there it continued on at that pace.

It’s never a good start to the weekend when you leave work at 7 pm on a F.R.I.D.A.Y! Unfortunately, I didn’t leave work with a clean desk or mind. Instead, I left with my laptop and weekend task list. Eight projects deep and I wasn’t in the best mood for a Friday night. I was happy to see that while I had been inside all afternoon (and evening), the rain had gone away and been replaced by sunshine. That helped my mood a little. A steak dinner with my husband helped it even more. I did fall asleep on the couch at 9:30, but I had since forgotten about my hectic work life so I chalk it up as a successful Friday night. Or, it ended better than it started.

On Saturday I promised myself I would take a break from work. I did keep up with my emails via my BlackBerry, but the laptop stayed tucked in its bag. With the project list I had left to tackle before the work week started, I knew I needed at least one day away. I enjoyed a morning scrapbooking party with some friends followed by a relaxing lunch. I found myself with a surprise text message from my husband in the afternoon. “Find something to do. Don’t come home.” The first logical place to go on a warm, sunny Saturday? Flower shopping! I hit up three garden centers and came home with some beautiful flowers and a couple new decorative flower holders.

Sunday I enjoyed some little league baseball. The afternoon ended early due to thunderstorms, but I enjoyed my first official afternoon in the sun before the rain came! Sunday night was spent with three hours in front of the laptop crossing off some of my projects. I didn’t get all three done, but I did cross off the major things. It’s always easier to start the work week in a straight line instead of starting way under it.


May 8 weekend

Another late Friday night had me and my boss both at work until 6. When we left, I still had an employee working. Days before our big grand opening event, long days can be expected. I left work with a few spare minutes to go home and change before getting to dinner at my in-laws. Bryan was busy, but I had agreed to dinner with my mother- and father-in-law and visiting aunt and uncle. It was refreshing to sit down and talk with people who knew nothing about my current work load. Delicious food is also greatly accepted after a long day. Two hours later, it was time to move on to my next event.

The next event involved my husband and a guitar. Baby Leger and I enjoyed listening to his soothing voice and beautiful melody. I informed Bryan that Baby Leger already had more rhythm than I do. All this music and singing is good for the baby. Maybe he’ll get Bryan’s musical talents!

I made a promise to myself, Baby Leger, and Bryan that Saturday would be work-free. I wanted to do something relaxing. What was my idea of relaxing? Well, it’s usually sleeping in and doing nothing. But, this Saturday I had other plans that needed to be tackled. We spent the morning purchasing Baby Leger’s nursery furniture! Now, we just have to be patient and wait for it to arrive….

We spent the afternoon at Babies ‘R Us registering for all the wonderful items that will belong to Baby Leger. We went in with the mindset that we’d do what we could and stop when we got tired. Three hours later, we had finished. Car seats, strollers, play yards, high chairs, bouncers, swings, clothes, and the list goes on. I’m amazed that we tackled the whole thing in one afternoon! We made a lot of major decisions in a short amount of time. We didn’t know what we wanted going in, but quickly made decisions and moved on. Now, the travel system wasn’t a quick decision but we handled it with rigor. We opened, closed, pushed, and carried until we knew which system we wanted. And of course, we decided that we liked the color.

Sunday. Mother’s Day. We took one mother out for lunch. We enjoyed a buffet lunch that left me feeling like I’d gained a few pounds. We took another mother to buy her annual mother’s day flowers. I also received a hanging geranium of my own! I finished planting my remaining potted flowers. Then I grabbed my papers and headed to the office. I spent the next five hours preparing for the grand opening event. Three of those hours were spent reviewing the presentations and making sure we were all prepared for the big day.

Both weekends flew by and I’m looking forward to some relaxing weekends coming up!

1 thought on “Weekend(s) recap

  1. Baby wipes, disposable nappies, processed baby food and formula milk are all available to purchase in resort. Baby Bouncers Wholesale

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: